Friday, January 5, 2001

Asia Update #22 - misc. catching up

I am back in Korea after 10 days in the States. I was able to return home for the holidays. Spent the time catching up with friends and family, getting to know my bikes again, and enjoying being able to speak English.

Did get photos developed from an underwater camera we had in Hawaii. Here are some of the better pictures:

This is one of the 4 or 5 sea turtles we saw roaming about Hanema Bay. Beautiful, graceful creatures. Quite large, also, with a shell that had to be a good 2 feet long.

A sea snake. It was hard to take his picture because he kept swimming towards me.

This guy also kept coming too close to get a picture of. Sure wasn't shy. I guess people often feed the fish, causing them to lose their fear of man.

This one is from my hotel in Japan. I stopped there for a few days on the way to Hawaii. The air was pretty clear, allowing me to get my first look at Mt. Fuji in the distance.

I will be here for a few weeks before heading to northern Japan, the back to the States, and probably on to Germany from there. I should have some good fodder to write about in all of this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home